Traveling Grate Boilers | Highest Fuel Efficiency
- Traveling Grate Design
- Highest Fuel Efficiency
- Fully Automatic
- Eco-friendly system
- Available At Best Prices
Traveling Grate Boilers Designs
Our Traveling Grate Boilers Certifications
Yongxing Traveling Grate Boilers Reliability
We are a professional boiler seller with 40 years of experience in gas and oil boiler manufacturing Our experience draws us toward biomass traveling grate boilers, and now there is no looking back for us. We not only make big power coastal boilers but also small capacity boilers save fuel.
Our traveling grate boiler is the best choice because it is high quality, durable, and safe. All boiler vendors integrate safety features into their machines, but this one has them all. As a result of our safety features and superior airflow, we are the leading producer of boilers in the marketplace.
Do not rely on words only, check it all yourself by talking with our staff and getting your very own quote for the boiler.
- 100% safe operation
- Long Service Life
- Certified Engineers
- Airport Pick-up Service
Yongxing Affordable 1 Ton Steam Boiler Price Reasoning
A Technical Guide To Traveling Grate Boiler
Did you know traveling grate boilers have grown in popularity over the past decade due to their high-quality performance? But why are they so unique? Their safe working environment and premium automation can be one of the factors, but their versatility is the thing that makes the actual difference.
You need a constant supply of steam; this is your option. You need a continuous hot water source, traveling grate production furnace is the choice you must turn to. All in all, this boiler is a universal choice for industries and their functional tasks.
What Is A Traveling Grate Boiler?
Traveling grate is a name you may not be familiar with. Some people call them chain grate steam boiler and some belt conveyors. But these names do not change their purpose and function. The traveling grate boiler is an ideal choice for the combustion of granulated fuels. These boilers are highly efficient and budget-friendly. So, most people choose these for the combustion of biomass fuels.
A travel grate boiler like ours has a basic yet highly functional design. Besides that, it is best for fuels like coal and biomass wood that are difficult to handle. The overall structure of the boiler is called a membrane water wall. It helps enhance boiler safety and increases its heat transfer coefficient. As a result, the boiler’s heat loss drops down exponentially.
Our company offers multiple traveling grate boilers, including the DZL coal, DZH, LHG, and SZL boilers. Each has specific features and designs, making them ideal for particular situations. Further in the article, we’ll discuss these boilers’ design, features, and specifications for your better assessment.
What Is The Traveling Grate Boiler Design?
Our traveling grate boiler has an advanced arch design. It utilizes two wing flues letting gas flow easily in the smoke box. Its large drum volume allows more space for fuel storage. As a result, you get more room for excess water heat transfer. Plus, front and rear smoke boxes allow for the highest achievable temperature of furnace chambers.
Some fundamental design factors of traveling grate boilers are as follows:
- Our traveling grate boiler, such as the SZL boiler, has a double drum arrangement design. That means this boiler is ideal for extra insulation and heat conservation. Double synchronization helps reduce operating costs to a great level. According to our statistics, this boiler can cause your operating costs to drop by 5-10%.
- The stainless steel makes the boiler perfect for employee safety and equipment conservation. It protects the boiler from rust and makes it durable by increasing its integrity. In that way, the boiler can withstand high temperatures and pressure without a doubt of explosion.
- Each of our traveling grate boilers has an explosion-proof door. That means you and your employee will always stay safe, even in case of any mishap.
- The design of some of our traveling grate boilers is of threaded pipe composition. That means these boilers have a compact network of threaded pipe vessels inside the boiler shell. As a result, it lowers the leakage rates and energy losses from the exhaust gas.
- The automatic ignition feature is one of the essential features of this boiler. It automatically starts when the water level is low. Likewise, it turns off automatically if the water level is high. This means you don’t have to worry about turning off your boiler or shutting it down — it will do that for you!
This unique feature makes traveling grate boilers ideal for large commercial kitchens. They may not need high temperatures, but they still need constant heat throughout the day.
Technical Specifications And Features Of Traveling Grate Boiler
The technical specification of the boilers may vary with the model and specification they follow. So, you must assess the type of boiler you purchase to judge whether it is ideal.
The system has fixed boiler grates that move with the drag chain from the front to the back of the belt. Plus, reciprocating grates are made of a particular size steel chain. Their design can be custom, with each link being 1/2 inch wide and 3/8 inch thick.
Below you’ll get an analysis of two separate boiler technical statistics. They will help you choose the boiler your industry needs.
DZL Biomass Coal Fired Boiler Specifications:
Rated Steam Capacity: 0.5 t/h to 10 t/h
Rated Working Pressure: 1.25 MPa
Saturated Steam Temperature: 194 degrees centigrade
Heat Efficiency: 83 %
Design Fuel: Coal/Biomass Fuel
Max Transport Weight: 11000 Kg to 40000 Kg
Max Transport Dimension(L x W x H ) ( mm ): 3300 x 2000 x 2656 to 7900 x 3400 x 5500.
DZL Biomass Coal Fired Boiler Specifications:
Rated Steam Capacity: 4 t/h to 20 t/h
Rated Working Pressure: 1.25 MPa to 2.5 MPa
Saturated Steam Temperature: 194 to 225-degree centigrade
Heat Efficiency: 83 %
Design Fuel: Coal/Biomass Fuel
Max Transport Weight: 23000 Kg to 45000 Kg
Max Transport Dimension(L x W x H ) ( mm ): 6300 x 2300 x 3200 to 11000 x 3300 x 3500.
Traveling Grate Boiler Features:
As for the functions and features, these boilers do not differ much from each other. If one has a better heat exchange rate, the other will follow up, even if it is a different way.
Down below, you can find some top features of our chain grate boiler.
- Continuous ash discharge requires no cleaning while running. Besides that, it requires no fireman for constant fuel feeding. Thus, the ash discharge can be continuous. The ash tank will automatically discharge when the boiler stops to prevent clogging.
The special grate structure of this boiler is a key element to its high thermal efficiency. Its grate surface area is quite large, which maximizes heat transfer. In addition, the grate is made of stainless steel. It has a rough surface design that prevents water from condensing on the surface. It also prevents it from falling into the boiler when it evaporates during operation. The boiler, like DZL, has a dual smoke box design that gives it a neat appearance and high heat efficiency.
The moving grate is a kind of biomass-fired boiler in itself. The reciprocating grates have a certain size steel chain, mounted on the device and moved by dragging it from one end to another. A reciprocating boiler is ideal for heating materials such as wood chips, pellets, coal dust, and more. Besides that, it has some key benefits that are beneficial for the owner, such as
- Large heating area – The moving grate can have a maximum heating area of up to 300 square meters (30000 square feet). This makes it suitable for large-scale industrial applications where space is premium.
- Rapid temperature rise – Compared to the submersible electric heaters, the traveling grate boiler temperature rises more rapidly.
- Economical – Reciprocating boilers use less fuel per hour than other boilers since they produce more heat while burning less fuel.
- It adopts advanced technology to achieve high efficiency, energy saving, environmental protection, and efficient fuel combustion.
- The traveling grate boiler has a large capacity to heat water in low-temperature areas or produce steam for industries.
The traveling grate boiler has a large capacity to heat water in low-temperature areas or produce steam for industries. Moreover, it has good thermal performance and long service life due to its simple structure design with no moving parts inside it (no valves).
How Does The Traveling Grate Stoker Work?
The traveling grate stoker uses a grate that moves between the firebox and the boiler, allowing the grate to move up and down as it burns. It helps in more effective heat transfer and increased fuel usage efficiency.
The traveling grate is more of a conveyer belt if you look at it on brief notice. It has a long chain or rotating conveyer that has solid fuel placed on it. This mechanical chain has screws and bolts induced in it that make it stable and robust. That is why it can withstand solid fuel weight even in the highest temperature and pressure. The other rotating end, also known as the termination end, brings ash of the solid fuel as an output.
The above diagram is a critical way to assess the working principle of a traditional travelling grate stoker. However, this conventional stoker isn’t much functional in ideal boilers like ours. Our premium boilers, such as DZl, use the advanced stoker design. It creates an additional safety ring around the grate. As a result, it makes the small-scale type grate stable and reliable for fuel transport.
How To Maintain A Traveling Grate Boiler?
Maintaining the grate boiler isn’t much different from other boilers. In fact, some ideal boilers provide automatic maintenance and cleaning with their features. As for conventional boiler maintenance, you must follow the 4 simple steps. These are all listed below for your ease.
1. Feedwater System Maintenance
The feedwater system is responsible for supplying the boiler with water. It consists of a tank, valves, and pumps. You need to check if the feedwater system is working properly and if there are any leaks. The feeding pipes should be clean and free from any obstruction. If you find any blockage or clogging in the feeding pipes, you should immediately fix them so the boiler can work properly.
2. Exhaust System Maintenance
The exhaust system removes waste gasses from the boiler after the combustion process. You must check if all parts of this system are working properly. They must be free from any obstruction, cracks, or leaks that may lead to the malfunctioning of the system. This will prevent severe damage to your traveling grate boiler and its components.
3. Combustion Chamber Maintenance:
The boiler combustion chamber is where all that heat goes once it leaves your furnace. It’s where the fuel oil burns and produces steam, so you can turn on all those lights and heat water for showers! You want to ensure this part is in good shape before you burn anything inside.
If there are any problems with your combustion chamber, your boiler may not work correctly or at all. You should call an expert immediately if you notice any issues with your system, such as:
- Noisy or unsafe operation
- Fluid leaking from anywhere on the boiler
- Burning smells coming out of vents or vents becoming clogged
4. Maintenance OF Boiler Using Automation Features
It is a fact that the maintenance of boilers is a very tedious job. It involves a lot of time and effort, but not with automation. Automation makes it easy to maintain boilers and other industrial equipment. It is because the system automatically performs specific tasks like calibrating and regulating the temperature and pressure ranges. As these two are the main culprits that deteriorate boiler efficiency, targeting them can help maintain the boiler easily.